Mulching at Hamanatua!

2019

Ko 

Maunga Roa 

Te Maunga

Ko

Te Poho O Rawiri

Te

dMarae

Ko Hamanatua Te Awa

Hamanatua is our school Awa. We are the Kaitiaki of Hamanatua, which means we take care of it and look after it. We go here at least twice a term. This time when we went there we did weeding and moving the mulch around so it's in a ring around the plant. I was working down underneath the bridge with my pod Hunter, Ziggy and I, and there was another pod as well but I forgot their names. There were 2 other people, Jamai and Taj, they started helping us when we were up to about half way. We were down there from about 9:30 till 12:00 maybe. We had lots of fun and almost fell in the stream from trying to pull plants out.


Comments

  1. Kia ora Nikau

    Your pod worked really well under the bridge today. The soil was really dry and hard but you all managed to clean the weeds out from around the harakeke - Woohoo! WELL DONE!

    Koka Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Koka Jo! I thought we did really well to!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nikau, I can see from your post that a lot of hard work went on down at the stream! I like how you have shared about putting the mulch in a ring around the plant. I might try that with some plants I'm trying to grow at my house! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment